Thu, 3 Jan 1980 01:19:12 +0800

gundam@aeug.org wrote:

>got to thinking and thought up another place Sandrock and/or Shen-long
>could be usefull.. city-fighting..
>in a city you need either very very 'smart' weapons, or weapons with
>very limited range to limit collateral damage.. powerful hand-to-hand
>weapons are also a plus.. Sandrock with it's homing missiles, heat
>shortls, and heavy armor woudl be ideal for a city defender.. while
>Shen-long would be a good attacker, it's flame-throwers could torch the
>place if it needed to destroy it or if otherwise it's bean naginata nad
>dragon-fang would give it a reach advantage over more conventionally
>equiped MS.. hmm, i think the shotgun-tottin' Kampfer would probalby do
>well in this environment as well

as stated earlier, the Sandrock is suited as a command unit, and the Sandrock had lots of armor compared to the other Gundams because maybe the scientist in Quatre's side increased (ordered maybe?) the armor so that Quatre would have a good chance of surviving an encounter alive (he is the heir to the Winner riches after all), and maybe that's why ALICE II was also put in the Sandrock's OS - to make sure Quatre doesn't willfully slag himself too like Heero in Siberia. the Sandrock's heat shorters might be a problem, ass it is unwieldly to use in tighy close quarters, unlike a beam saber - in a tight city space he might hit the buildings first, slowing his attack and giving time for the enemy to evade.
the Shenlong's good as an initial assault unit, wherein the flamethrowers are used to literally soften up the defenses, especially if the Shenlong was using napalm or a better version of it (super napalm perhaps?).

>but aside form that.. onto anothe rsubject.. Gundanium..
>i personally have no problems initially with it being nigh invulnerable
>next to UC's Gundarium, it's also hugely exspense, time-consuming, and
>difficult to manufacture.. fine, fine.. so you make less than half a
>dozen suits out of the stuff at a go, good, good.. it all makes at least
>some sorta sense at least up til that point.. what bugs me is when later
>they start pumping out hundreds if not thousandds of Virgo and later
>virgo II units armored with it.. if they could do that then why was
>gundanium so special in the first place?
>kinda gives me an idea why when Treize brought his army to confront
>white fang why they were all in space leos.. not Taurus or even
>mass-produced tallgeese like what they needed against those mobile
>dolls.. quite simply OZ was BANKRUPT form producing so many gundanium
>armored Virgos that were weither lost in battle earlier and their
>replacments sent into storage becasue Treize wouldn't use them.. so all
>they had were Leos.. as for how White Fang could have so many newer
>Virgo units.. wel, they are terrorist revolutionaries (who needs money
>when you've got Patriotisim? now, BACK TO WORK! *cha-chick*)

the Virgo and Virgo II mobile dolls were armored with Gundanium alloy? I thought they had the regular armor alloys? maybe Treize wasn't using much of the Taurus in the White Fang confrontation because most of them were already converted by the Romafeller Foundation (before Treize split away anyway) into Mobile Doll systems - we do see an abundance of Tauruses converted into Mobile Dolls when the battle moves in to space and maybe more than enough of them were destroyed, and the remaining units converted into Mobile Dolls were simply not Treize's type, so maybe that's the reason he just fielded space type Leos.

>and now, something compleatly different
>
>more useless battles
>a "Strengthened Human" version of Heero Yuy in Psycho Gundam Mk. II
>Vs.
>Char and Amuro in Mercurius and Vayate
>
>laters ;)
>
>--Les

gee that's dangerous - Heero's suicidal as it is, and strengthening him might prove to be the last straw before he completely snaps. even if Heero doesn't snap, Char and Amuro had better learn how to trust each other and not pop a round into the other's ass while there's a lull in the combat and the other one's not looking. hmmm...if the mega particle cannon is as powerful as the buster rifle, then the planet defensors might not stand for more than two direct hits.