Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 15:18:18 +0800

At 00:04 07/07/2000 -0700, Soimichiro Watanabe wrote:
>uhh, refresh me on this. RX is experimental right?

        Correct. Specifically, Renpou eXperimental -- Federation
experimental MS.

>RG is supposed to be for mass production? the number is
>the year of production and the last set of letters
>are...?

        Not exactly. RGM (M inclusive) indicates that a particular MS is
from the GM series, but the number's pretty loose -- the first was RGM-79,
but the next generation is tagged RGM-179, I think from Zeta or ZZ,
definitely not in UC 0179.

        The last set of letters describe the particular sub-type. For
example, RGM-79SP is a Sniper version, whereas RGM-79G is a variant specific
for colony defense, and so forth.