Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 23:23:40 -0700

>>Darth Vaders mask and suit was supposed to represent racism in the US... or
>>so I've been told....
>>-Roger
>
>Wasn't that idea from Kevin Smith? Luke Skywalker was suppose to be a symbol
>of Aryan supremacy while Darth Vader was a source of Black pride ... until he
>was unmasked as a feeble white man. :-)
>
>Jorge

Nah, that idea's been around since the first movie came out over 20 years
ago. Darth Vader wears black and is voiced by a black actor, and the
character is evil, so black = evil -> racist Lucas! Or so said some people
who have nothing better to do with their time. Kevin Smith just came up with
a variation of it as a joke.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0