Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 18:24:13 -0700

> Just thought I'd point out how these two Sci-fi megafranchises seem
>to mirror each other in a few ways....

<snip>

>Gundam F91 and Victory Gundam/The Phantom Menace:Introduces new
>characters and surroundings in a different timeframe. Fan opinion is
>divided. Chris

Interesting, but I'd draw the parallel between Turn-A with TPM/Episode I:

- use of foreign designers (TPM's main designer is of Asian descent, Turn-A's
  mecha design was a Western import)

- utterly ridiculed by fans (TPM's Jar Jar Binks vs. Turn-A's mustache)

- series creator returns to his creation after a long break from the
  franchise

- tons of merchandise stuffing store shelves and are now in the bargain bins.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0