ROBOTICK (jercar@aristotle.net)
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 21:43:43 -0500

I haven't been fortunate enough to have the pleasure of viewing the Cartoon
Network's airing of Tenchi Muyo, so I am wondering something: Is it more
suited for female audiences as Sailor Moon is? Or is it more like the
Gundam series, appealing to either gender
?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Hashman" <megaman@infinet.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2000 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: [gundam] OT: Tenchi Muyo on CN

> All I really care about is, as long as the stories intact and I am not
> missing important story details/facts, stuff like that. So, it sounds like
> the CN showing should be fine for me.
>
> Isn't there a full length Tenchi TV series? I remember reading a bit
about
> this and that it was different from the OVA's.

Give it till the 20th for those to start. I can tell you some of the main
changes.

1) Ryoko arrives to Earth being chased by Mihoshi
2) Washu is the demon (you'll see her soon enough)
3) Kione (not sure of spelling) isn't even in the OVA run. She was added
afterward.
4) The main villian arrives much later in the TV run, and not defeated in 1
ep.

Besides that, more character development occurs through the TV run. (Ep 8
is a personal favorite of mine. Mecha Washu!)