Mon, 3 Jul 2000 20:44:09 -0700 (PDT)

> Well, I disagree. I think they made the right
> decision to go with the
> original GUNDAM. I think they looked at the
> potential of each of the shows.
> Going with X or G would have been more risky because
> they don't have the
> history to fall back on. If X had failed, it
> might've killed Gundam in
> America altogether.
>
> I think Bandai has a lot of faith in the original
> story, despite its late
> 70's animation, to go for it. Releasing the original
> GUNDAM unlocks all the
> other UC Gundams (ZETA, ZZ, CCA and then F91 and V),
> thus creating a long
> running franchise. Whereas with X or G, they would
> have been rolling the dice
> on a single show.
>
> Tom

The way they might play it could be like this: they
franchise the W, G and X series for the new fans (and
all those girls drooling over W bishonen), while they
bring out the UC series to get back the (for lack of a
better term that would appeal to everyone) "loyal" UC
fans. It getting a larger consumer range for
one-or-two-as-others-may-say-not-entirely-different
products.

as for me. I'm just happy that they are ALL out. With
the exception of the Moustach Gundam, er, I meant Turn-A