BlazeEagle@aol.com
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 05:00:07 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/00 4:32:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, vsze@wwdg.com
writes:

<< But overall, 0080 was good, imho,
 mainly because there wasn't that many MS fights. In fact, while watching
 the show, I kinda wanted to forget about the MS and just see how the story
 unfolds. The ending was very tragic, yes, but the whole point of the
 project was to make people realize how life and death are so fragile and how
 war makes human lives just like ants. However, each life is precious to the
 people around them.

- My reply to you -
0080 was a very good story, I just do not like it. 0080 could have been done
without mecha.

- My rant of people who like Gundam's story and wish the mecha did not exist -
Mecha battles are part of Gundam. What gets me, some people like Gundam, but
dislike the mecha. Disliking mecha is fine, but some wish Gundam did not have
mecha at all. Gundam is in the mecha genre, mecha battles are part of this
genre. Gundam wouldn't be Gundam without mecha. If 0080 didn't have any
mecha, it wouldn't sale as a Gundam show. You can like it or not, but mecha
are part of Gundam. All of Bandai's kits/toys of Gundam mecha proves this. If
people didn't want mecha, these toys/kits would rot in the stores.

If someone doesn't like mecha, but likes Gundam's story that's fine, just
don't bash them. This is not really directed at you, I just remembered how
someone liked Gundam's story, but wish it didn't have mecha! When one
watches a given Gundam anime, mecha battles are a given and if some doesn't
like mecha, but likes the story, they need to accept the fact that mecha
battles will be in there or don't watch Gundam if the mecha interferes with
one's enjoyment of the show. Its like when some only watch GW for the "cute"
guys and moan about the mecha. Gundam is a mecha show, no matter your view. I
don't know the exact words, but Gundam was created back in 1979 to make mecha
shows more realistic, as all that existed was Super robot shows.

Gundam is a mecha. Gundam is not Gundam without mecha, its part of Gundam.
Besides, the title has the main mecha's name in it, Gundam. I am not talking
about you or anyone here as far as I know, it was in a Newsgroup.

Rant over, sorry for that rant :) I just had to get that off my chest.

Aaron