Brandon Perlow (nurbs@pacbell.net)
Mon, 03 Jul 2000 00:32:57 -0700

Spoiler space for those who havent seen 0080

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

I have to disagree with you on this one.. I think in terms of story and the
ending it was great.. I think the point was to feel for Bernie. It was
meant to end tragically.. I think if this was done here, We would see Bernie and
Chris not fight, and just skip town.... Its definately a very "japanese" ending.
The reason I say this, is that I heard that in the japanese literature, its
preferable to have a sad ending where the hero/heroine never lives to be happy
with their love than to have the happy ending.. Maybe some JapaneseGMLrs can
give me more info.... I think it may explain endings to series we know and love,
and wondered "What the $%$!!!???" did it have to end that way...