Sun, 2 Jul 2000 00:44:30 -0400

>no, it dosn't... if a mobile suit had to stay still for a hand-to-hand
>weapon to be effective Beam Sabers wouldn't be so widely used in UC

You make it sound like I make beam saber useless.... keep in mind, comparing
real soldiers in a battlefield close range weapons are useless if you are a
good soldier and able to distance yourself, but close range weapons are very
important

>the missiles are homing missiles and it also has the head vulcans and
>the Kai has a beam submachingun... and heat blades are effective
>weapons.. didn't you see that Dom tropn cleave that Zaku in half with
>it's heat saber in 0083?

OK, this is the part that really annoys me, I said gundam (ac) vs. Gundam (UC)
Heat and shell weapons do little or no damage.

>> >i'd imagine Wing gundam would be passing fair at space combat but being
>> >designed for atmosphere
>>

>IF the sniper cna see them.. keep in mind the terrain i specified. a
>"sniper" by any definition relies on having a poerfull long-ranged wepon
>and striking form a distance at a clear target.. one shot, one kill..
>how does the sniper do that when in canyons and hills and forrests and
>jungles where he could be trudging along and all of a suddne *bump* "oh,
>um.. hello Mr. Dragon-Fang.. granted in such a situation both units
>would be equally surprised moste likely but i'd put my money on the one
>buiolt or close-range... and yes i know they could rprobably her each
>other coming but that's not always a reliable method of tracking a
>target.. not reliable enough anyway ot justify fireing a heavy
>beam-rifle blindly into dense undergrowth

Where do you think most wars take place?!! Geez?!! Snipers either need a clear
line of sight or need to find one and keep in mind most bases are NOT in
forests

>The one MS who I think would have a
>> chance is Heavy arms it has all that fire power BUT it has all those shell
>> weapons a shot in the right place from a GM Sniper could make it go
boom....

>dude, you're not talking about a possible vulnerability that ANY
>gun-heavy vehicle wouldn't have

I know but it carry missles and shell weapons such a possibility is diminished
if the weapons were beams weapons

>> >Heavyarms and Heavyarms Kai would be best used as defensive weapons at
>> >bases (Heavyarms) and colonies/carriers (Heavyarms Kai) with suppporting
>> >movbile suits covering it while it ducks in for more ammo it can be a
>> >very potent machine...
>>
>> unlike the Zaku there was never any mention of Ammo cartidges or E-pacs for
>> the Heavy Arms and other Wing MS's, that would mean they have to dock to
>> reload.
>
>not nessicarily, for all we know the ammo bays of the Heavyarms type
>gundams cold be made so they could be reloaded by competnet crews in MS
>in the field.. remember Trowa kept his gundam on the back of a Flatbed,
>not docked in a fully equiped maintenance berth

still the fact is the Heavy arms needs to be disabled for a few secs to reload
unlike E pacs and such

>i've already coverd this.. UC already has aestablished the value of
>close-combat weapons.. and before you can move to avoid something you
>need to know there is something to be avoided.. stealth to hide and
>speed in a quick dash to lash-out from hiding

Oh, ok so you're assuming all sensors are broken right?! and keep in mind you
DO need to deactivate the radar Jammer to use the weapons

>> Altron, like shenglong has Flamethrowers very close range, I figure that
an
>> Ace in a Gouf can have no trouble disabling and capturing such an MS and
just
>> like before it can also betaken down by one of my favorite guys the GM
Sniper
>> from far away.
>>
>an ace in a gouf would be decapitated by the Dragon Fangs befoer it
>could use it's heat-rod, and from all the resources i've had access to
>gouf's aare rarely if ever armed with anything more powerfull than a
>handfull of machine-cannons.. even without Gundanium shells of up to
>120mm have been stopped cold by Gundam armor.. in fact Amuro got strafed
>to hell and back without more than scratched paint back when gundam
>armor was still called Luna titanium

geez... you must not be reading everything, you're talking gundam AC vs.
Gundam UC if shells are useless what do you think flamethrowers are gonna
do???!!

>> >nobody Mentions Epyon, so i will, it has arguable the most potent
>> >close-combat weapon a mobile suit can carry, and is fast enough that for
>> >the most part it's not as hampered by the lack of a ranged weapon as one
>> >might think, again, like Altron this would be a good unit to bust in
>> >shredding whatever got in it's way heading stright in to duel wiht the
>> >command or other important unit (and by duel i don't mean cross swords
>> >and fight honorably, i mean evade/destroy all obsticales until you can
>> >shove that beam-sword into the comander's MS right where it hurts)
>>
>> You make it sound like the commanders just sitting there with a "Hit Me"
>> sign..... not to mention that you are talking UC not AC.... their
>> reinforcments don't just sit there like wing, "oh my, it fast"..... Epyon
has
>> to get close, We are talking about "in your face" close, a Quebleley can
take
>> it down.....
>
>a Quebleley, i thought that was a newtype unit.. and if i'm not mistaken
>newtypes are a rare breed... and i wasn't just talking commanders but
>any important-looking units.. and incombat who are you gonna worry about
>more.. the purple gundam that just zipped by or the 10 or 20 other guys
>shooting at you? again i realize Epyon is an "in-you-face" mecha as you
>so eloquently put it but time and time again MS in UC have been called
>to battle at arm's length so a machine like Epyon wouldn't be too
>disadvantaged especially with it's Zero system.. speaking of which i
>noticed that you didn't say anything about my commentary on Wing Zero

Geez... if a Newtype is rare WTF is a zero Sytem? keep in mind there is ALICE
and other NewType Mimicing stuff, not to mention Zero Mimics Newtypes which
means that it IS Artifical and make the pilot go crazy.

>> >TallGeese, a farily decent all-around suit.. if it's control issues
>> >could be resolved it might make a good mass-production model
>> >
>> it made of a titanium-alloy its only advantage is it speed, after that it
>> would be fairly simple to take down, if going toe to toe with a gundam
>>
>> >Mercurius and Vayate (hey, i've come this far :) alone these are some
>> >immpressive mobiel suits, the Vayate could probably suplement if not
>> >replace Guncannon and GM cannon while Mercurius would be good as a
>> >second line MS following he front in an advance, using thier enhanced
>> >defense abilites to help blunt any break-thorughs in the line,
>> >alternatly i'ts so well shilded but with at least average if not better
>> >weapons it could serve as a good commander's MS helping one of the most
>> >tempting targets on the battlefild survive to lead the fight.. but they
>> >really shine as a team, either suppoorting each other in fighter/wingman
>> >groups or as the anchors of a small MS squad (4-6 mobile suits) or as a
>> >"bodyguard" to a command MS or Vessel or similar sensative unit
>> >
>> can be taken care of by anything with funnels or bits even the Elmeth (or
>> whatever its called)
>>
>funnels or bits are newtype weapons and yo can't alway shave a newtype
>whenever you want one.. funnels and bits can also take care of anything
>from GMs to Mobile armors unless they have the best of the best of the
>best piloting them.. are you going to dismiss all those designs as well?

God damn it is fair for you to have The Zero System and the pilot to be in
perfect control, but you get your panties in a knot when I mention a newtpe
whew.....

>> Just my opinion :P,
>>
>> -Roger
>>

>somehow i doubt that.. in fact this has sounded just a little bit
>patronizing in some areas.. i wasn't trying to promote AC over UC as you
>seem ot think, i was jsut trying to point out my veiws of how best to
>deploy these MS in a UC environment as this thread started with the
>queation of "what if...?" and i tried to answer to the best of my
>abilities.. i happen ot be one of those who like the gundam wing mecha
>but i like UC timeline stuff to and i for one don't find the love of one
>to be mutually exclusive to the other, i tried to make my points and you
>made yours so knowing that we both just like gundam can we dispense with
>the UC/AC one-upmanship?

Keep in mind, I don't like the story, I have no problem witht the MS design,
but keep in mind your talking about Commando shit, thats close to impossible
realistically, I doubt that the US Army sends one ranger in to capture an area
even if he was a "super" ranger......

And WTF?!! you're talking about Wing as superior to everything in the UC, and
you talk as if close range is the best type of offense, no... its not, if
soldiers ran in with only a Bayonet when the other team is laying down some
serious fire I doubt it'll work...

And I'm sorry if my opinion offended you.......