Sat, 1 Jul 2000 16:57:13 -0400

>but the deathscythe has enhanced stealth features and is the fastest of
>all the gundams in Wing, it cna zip in *SLASH* zip back out before they
>know what happened..

saying Gundam (AC) vs. Gundam (UC), Judging from what you say a gundam has to
stay still for this to happen,

and Sandrock is the heaviest armored of all the
>Gundams, and you know how much punishment the 'weaker' gundams can
>take.. it would depend on where they had to fight..

Ok.... the sandrock is equipped with 2 rockets and Gigantic Heat Weapons, its
"Armor" wont do squat with so little Weaponry, I bet that Gundam pilot is just
shivering thinking about that dent the Sandrocks heat thingies are gonna
leave, an even the slowest gundam can dodge missles

>i'd imagine Wing gundam would be passing fair at space combat but being
>designed for atmosphere

And Wing...... Its So Zeta-like that its performance might be very close if
not for that super-robot world of GW....

>Shen-long and Sandrock would be best suited to ground attack in broken
>terrain where close combat is almost a nessecity, mountains and jungles
>etc.. between the heavy armor and he heat shortls of Sandrock and the
>quick response and deadly close-quarter weapons of Shen-long they should
>be kept in good stead in the brutality that most close face-to-face
>battles generally devolve into, Sandrock Kai would be bettter equiped
>for space battles but would still really shine more in gorund combat
>erthside or in a colony...

Shenglong is equipped with flamethrowers......... not to mention the actual
length of the Dragon "Hang" is a little bit longer than its body. I'd say a GM
Sniper or GM Sniper II would do the trick. The one MS who I think would have a
chance is Heavy arms it has all that fire power BUT it has all those shell
weapons a shot in the right place from a GM Sniper could make it go boom....

>Heavyarms and Heavyarms Kai would be best used as defensive weapons at
>bases (Heavyarms) and colonies/carriers (Heavyarms Kai) with suppporting
>movbile suits covering it while it ducks in for more ammo it can be a
>very potent machine...

unlike the Zaku there was never any mention of Ammo cartidges or E-pacs for
the Heavy Arms and other Wing MS's, that would mean they have to dock to
reload.

>Deathscythe and Deathsythe Hell are sneak attack machines.. not front
>line fighters.. on earth or in space they could best be put to use using
>speed to make a dash ot the rear lines while using stealth to evade the
>bulk of enemy formations, then disrupting supply and communications in
>the rear.. angain using spead and stelth to avoid "mixing it up" and
>giving it the luxury of picking and chooosing it's fights...

Like I said before considering you want a Gundam (ac) vs. Gundam (UC), you
should know that there is almost no such thing as a REALLY slow gundam so I
don't think that there is any Gundam pilot dumb enough to stand there and wait
for you to slash them

>Altron, like Wing Zero, appears to be a potent enough design ot be
>farily versitile, probably best used as a storm-trooper MS to punch a
>hole quickly in enemy lines, usually to get at the command unit..

Altron, like shenglong has Flamethrowers very close range, I figure that an
Ace in a Gouf can have no trouble disabling and capturing such an MS and just
like before it can also betaken down by one of my favorite guys the GM Sniper
from far away.

>nobody Mentions Epyon, so i will, it has arguable the most potent
>close-combat weapon a mobile suit can carry, and is fast enough that for
>the most part it's not as hampered by the lack of a ranged weapon as one
>might think, again, like Altron this would be a good unit to bust in
>shredding whatever got in it's way heading stright in to duel wiht the
>command or other important unit (and by duel i don't mean cross swords
>and fight honorably, i mean evade/destroy all obsticales until you can
>shove that beam-sword into the comander's MS right where it hurts)

You make it sound like the commanders just sitting there with a "Hit Me"
sign..... not to mention that you are talking UC not AC.... their
reinforcments don't just sit there like wing, "oh my, it fast"..... Epyon has
to get close, We are talking about "in your face" close, a Quebleley can take
it down.....

>TallGeese, a farily decent all-around suit.. if it's control issues
>could be resolved it might make a good mass-production model

it made of a titanium-alloy its only advantage is it speed, after that it
would be fairly simple to take down, if going toe to toe with a gundam

>Mercurius and Vayate (hey, i've come this far :) alone these are some
>immpressive mobiel suits, the Vayate could probably suplement if not
>replace Guncannon and GM cannon while Mercurius would be good as a
>second line MS following he front in an advance, using thier enhanced
>defense abilites to help blunt any break-thorughs in the line,
>alternatly i'ts so well shilded but with at least average if not better
>weapons it could serve as a good commander's MS helping one of the most
>tempting targets on the battlefild survive to lead the fight.. but they
>really shine as a team, either suppoorting each other in fighter/wingman
>groups or as the anchors of a small MS squad (4-6 mobile suits) or as a
>"bodyguard" to a command MS or Vessel or similar sensative unit

 can be taken care of by anything with funnels or bits even the Elmeth (or
whatever its called)

Just my opinion :P,

-Roger