Edmund Chiu (edf91@worldnet.att.net)
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:16:51 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henry Bigone" <slickwillie1998@hotmail.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2000 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: Buyrite says Giren is BAD GAME (wasRe: [gundam] DC Giren's
Greed covershots)

> They say they did not want even to stock PSX version, because it is a game
> that is "too advance" for American people. They also say that Gundam is
too
> much to be shown for American kids , and that the only good one for
American
> kids (they say that no real adult would watch "Japanimation cartoons"
> anyway)is Wing, for it is childish enough and it is better to dub it
because
> American kids hate Japanese subbed items. But I am upset that they call me
> stupid for wanting a "too Japan" game like Giren's Greed, and told me to
> order Street Fighter Third Strike instead. Has this happen to other people
> also? Or is it just me?

    Like I said, they are the type of stores that go for the numbers, not
the people. With a game that's this kanji and Japanese intensive, most
Americans, except hardcore Gundam fans, won't buy this type of games. You
have to agree with them on one thing, though - almost all popular games in
the US, with a few exceptions, are mostly action oriented and not that text
intensive, so it's not likely that a game like Giren's Greed would be a best
seller or even a profitable seller. Just don't listen to them - they are not
people that care about gamers, as they only care about taking money from
you...