-V- (vsze@wwdg.com)
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 23:38:14 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Soimichiro Watanabe" <hitokiri_darkscythe@yahoo.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 11:04 PM
Subject: [gundam] more q's

> A bunch of q's i found on the gundam forum. feel free
> to play around:
>
> 1. If Char had the Sazabi during Zeta, could he be
> beaten by Haman/would have beaten Haman?
>
> -> Char+Sazabi=fried Haman (funnel overkill!)^_^

I think the result would still be the same. Char is not as powerful a
newtype as Hamaan and the Sazabi, though higher technology, still would put
him in alot more pressure using the funnels. (He's not enhanced either).

> 2. Do you think that in terms of skill and ability,
> Kou and Gato are equals, it's just that Gato has an
> edge because of his One Year War experience?
>
> -> That's kinda hard to guess, experience ain't seen
> so easily, but they probably weren't equals in the
> beginning, though Kou improved greatly later on, then
> that's when they're equals...

This is one I always wonder too... I'd say it'd come down to who's in
better shape since both aren't newtypes and the toll on their bodies from
their MS/MA seems to be their worst enemy.

> 3. What if Amuro had a specialized Gundam during Zeta
> and had joined the final battle, what do you think
> would be the outcome of Zeta Gundam?
>
> -> Amuro could choose between helping either Quatro or
> Kamiyu, that would have resulted in
> A. Healthy Kamiyu!
> B. Char would owe Amuro BIG-TIME!

wow... this is a really big if !!! the whole continuity would change big
time...

> 4. Do you think that without its silly
> light-heartedness, ZZ Gundam could rank as one of the
> best Gundam series?
>
> -> But I like them all! okay, with the exeption of
> Turn A!

hrmm... you kinda have to keep in mind that, although it's not the most
liked, it's not the most despised series either. It only seems that way to
a) americans b) people who haven't seen it and c) people on this mailing
list. If you go around video stores in japan, it is just as respectable
series to rent as any other gundam series. not to mention, the models and
characters are/were liked very much too.

> 5. If the Gundam Wing boys and their Gundams were put
> in a UC war, who would survive?
<SNIP>

i think they would be court martialled before they got their assignments...

-V-