Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 21:24:53 -0700

> I was watching it again today with my computer instead of on TV, but
>did anyone notice that on Episode 10, when they were completing the final
>Apsaras checks, the component names were as follows: AMD K6 3D+ BSD/B63
>Cyrix 6x86MX DDC-1 DDC-2AB DirectX SDK Enhanced 46D4 Fast ATA-2 etc...
>that would mean either: a) Ginius is a cheap ass or a "scratch builder"
>truly building a toy from OLD OLD computer parts and algorithms (remember,
>those parts and software aren't brand spanking new even in our time) b)
>there is a computer freak on the 08th MS team production team... -V-

This is nothing new in anime - the animators are not technies, and when
they needed some "screen display" of technical data/readout they will often
take whatever ROM dumps or program source codes they could find and put it
in place regardless of whether it makes sense or not - they probably didn't
even know what the information is in the first place.

You'll see this in manga a lot too, when a character is shown reading off a
newspaper or passage, you will see the cut-n-pasted text has nothing to do
with the context.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0