-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 19:04:46 -0700

Now that I think on it, I seem to recall a similar disparity in Z Gundam, in
which the scenes in Von Braun, Anman, and Granada seem to be Earth normal
gravity, while the scenes on the Moon's surface use the "zero-gee" style used on
ships and MS in space. Neither one is accurate, but it appears to be a matter
of reserving the special effect for scenes that are obviously "outside" an
Earth-like environment and doing the usual for scenes that are just as obviously
"inside" one.

Again, I'd chalk it up to production costs versus verisimilitude.

-Z-