-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:51:04 -0700

I don't remember now where I read this -- UC Herald #2 seems like the most
likely source, but mine's packed away in the basement and won't see the light of
day until we're settled in another house -- but one of the animators is said to
have said in an interview that it was a conscious decision to animate the Lunar
sequences at "normal" speed instead of the "slow motion" of an accurate
portrayal of Lunar gravity. The rationale was that [a] the effect OK for short
sequences but, extended over time, began to look contrived and phony, and [b]
the time and expense was prohibitive. In any case, the gist of the statement
was that they had considered it, did so test footage and decided that it was
more trouble than it was worth.

-Z-