Vladimir Len (vjlen@mindspring.com)
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:29:40 -0500

> This is not a "screw up" by Disney nor will you find the original Japanese
> soundtrack on the DVD. Disney didn't just repackage the original
> Japanese DVD
> for distribution in North America, as Cartoon Network has doen
> with Gundam Wing.
> Disney made an original DVD of "Disney's Princess Mononoke" -- the North
> American film release from Disney, not the Studio Ghibli film.

As I understand it, there is no Japanese DVD even available in Japan of PM
yet. The reason Disney is not putting a Japanese language track on our
release is because Buena Vista _Japan_ (not Studio Ghibli or anyone else)
asked Buena Vista USA not to -- they don't want imports of this disc into
Japan.

Gee, wasn't region coding supposed to fix this problem? :P

- Vlad