James Boren (jboren@earthlink.net)
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:59:54 -0800

>When building the kits how do you guys get the teeny tiny pannel
>lined colored? I have read somewhere that you can use something
>called a gundam marker or some people recomend technical pens. I
>tried the technical pens but when I wipe off the excess the pannel
>lines go along w/ the ecxess. How do you guys do it?
>

>Here's one for the FAQ...
>
>Try using a Micron pigma pen.

Okay here's my tip for panel lines... non-waterproof ink. There are
two ways to go with this. One way is to use it straight with a tiny
brush. Or you can thin it down with water and use it as a wash with a
bigger brush, quick and dirty. Let it rest for just a little while,
then use a damp paper towel or cloth and wipe along the model. The
non-waterproof ink comes off, and if you don't press too hard the
panel lines will stay black. It is a really quick method and you
don't have to even be precise about it.

One caveat though--it will stain the plastic a little. Try it on
models you just want to build quickly to get a handle on what it
does. You can take another step by dry brushing with the base color,
or a lighter shade of it, and get a good looking effect with little
effort. This really works well on white areas.

-James