Jim Huang (tyhuang@OCF.Berkeley.EDU)
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:48:36 -0700

On 27 Jun 00, at 12:59, Edward Ju wrotf:

> >I was planning on volunteering for Anime-Expo 2000 but those guys
> >never got back to me after sending me an acknowledgement that they've
> >received my email and claiming they are really busy. What's the deal
> >with that?!?!?
>
> Er... Jim, wanna answer that?

Short answer: Not my department. And my knowledge of AX
operation outside my dept. is no better than rest of you.

That being said, I volunteered for 7 years before becoming staff.
Historicaly, when people didn't get a reply are usually because
A) Not register as a member yet, which I think is the case in this
situation. People who had already sunk the money are less likely to
flak, or so their theory goes. So they will be tapped first. Than if
they still need more body, people who havn't pre-reged.
B)Sent in application after April-May, when things became chaotic.

Of course, if the person really want it, they can always sign up for
one-day volunteer on-site without pre-reg. That's a new procedure,
so check it out on AX web page.

See you at Expo.

Jim "No Badge for you" Huang, Registration Nazi