Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:19:12 -0700

Even fanart is a derivative work based on existing copyrighted material.
Whether its nature is commercial or not has no bearing on the fact that
the infringer opens himself/herself to actions by the copyright holder.
The intended use of the shirt has to qualify under the fair use exception,
which is indeed a grey area. The easiest solution is to just get permission
to use an existing/licensed artwork from Bandai/Sunrise.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0