Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:33:59 -0700

>Something that's been bugging me ever since the first
>Gundam Wing episode aired: when Heero runs into Relena
>on the beach, he triggers what I assumed was a suicide
>charge on his normal suit. It fails to kill him, and
>he looks surprised at this. Was there any explanation
>given (in the original anime, the manga, the novels,
>etc.) for why he wasn't successful? Did someone
>perhaps tamper with the charge so that it was
>non-lethal?

<Spoiler>

IIRC it was from the Episode Zero manga, on one of those one-pager
"columns" where it was explained that Dr J., knowing Heero's suicidal
tendencies, tampered with the suicide button on his flight suit before
sending him off to earth.

>The Gundam Wing action figures. Looks like the five
>heroes are hitting the racks, but I haven't seen any
>reports of people picking up the Epyon or Tallgeese.
>One thing I take issue with, though: the fact that
>everyone keeps referring to these as "MS In Action"
>figures when the packaging doesn't say anything to
>that effect. Are they, in fact, constructed and
>articulated the same way the Japanese MSIAs are?

Probably better - at least their forearms don't
pop off the joint like the RX-78-2 do. I haven't
taken any of mine out of the blister pack so I
don't know well articulated the legs are. They are
tiny figures though - stands at 4.5 inches (1/144
scale). However, these don't come with extra hands.

>And
>has anyone read anything official that says that the
>figures other than the Wing are being released in
>Japan? I'm looking for a reference from a Japanese
>magazine or web site, gaijin news sources
>(Figures.com, Cool Japanese Toys, etc.) don't count.

You mean you heard they aren't releasing the others
(Deathscythe, Epyon, etc.) in Japan? Where did you
hear that from?

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0