Thomas Yung (msgundam@mediaone.net)
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:43:59 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Echo|Fox" <echofox@wingzero.net>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 13:32
Subject: Re: [gundam] Mailing List shirt

> To be honest I'd forgotten about it =)
> I suppose we could have a little contest and see if we can come up with a
> design enough people would like to buy to justify the printing cost.
> So everyone who's had experience with this sort of thing, speak up =)
> We'd probably need some rules (feel free to add/change)
> 1. Using copyrighted artwork is almost definately a no-no. Using fan-drawn
> art would probably be ok (with the permission of the artist, of course),
> but even that might be a grey area.

I don't that would be a big deal if we weren't doing it in terms of
business-sense.

> 2. It should say "Gundam Mailing List" on it, since that's less likely to
> get Bandai's panty's in a knot than making a generically Gundam T-shirt.

> 3. Front and back designs. Either a full image on the back and a small
> crest on the front, or a full image on both?

How about a full image of the RX-78 with the heads of all the Gundams
surrounding it on the back. And on the front it would say 'GML' ?

> 4. Projected price should be no more than 20$US, preferably around 15$US,
> but those of you who know how much T-Shirt runs cost could give us a
> better idea.

That would probably depend on how many shirts were to be produced, say for
instance, for every 100 shirts made, it should cost $20 US dollars. For
every 50 additional shirts, the cost would decrease by 2-4 dollars.