Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 00:36:54 -0700

Chris Upchurch writes,

> Several of the Gundams from Gundam X were mass production models. I've
>been led to belived V Gundam included mass produced machines as well.

  Yeah, the V Gundam was produced in some numbers - easily more than a
half-dozen, probably less than twenty (making it less numerous than the
RX-79[G]). As I've noted, this puts it in the "limited-production" range
of the Zaku III, Rick Dias, et cetera.

  As for Gundam X; there were only a handful of Gundams per se (perhaps
as few as two apiece of the Gundam X, Airmaster, and Leopard), but there
were at least a dozen unmanned, remote-controlled "G-Bit" mobile suits to
accompany each. Which raises another question - why isn't the Rasveyt
considered a Gundam? It has a Gundam face mask, two eyes, and the same
Flash System/remote-control capabilities as the Gundam X et al.

  Maybe we should define a category for "pseudo-Gundams" like the
Rasveyt, Tallgeese II, Re-GZ, Z Plus, FAZZ, GunEZ, et al... mobile suits
which sport some gratuitously Gundam-like characteristics, but not enough
to be given the name "Gundam".

-- Mark