James Boren (jboren@earthlink.net)
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 00:10:12 -0800

>--- James Boren <jboren@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > Hey I updated my MS arsenal site with a Variations
> > section.
> >
> > Check it out and reply with your comments.
> >
> > http://www.boren.org/james/gundam.html
>
>Excellent work, James!
>
>Retcon section: Degeki Hobby magazine has a section
>called "HGUC: ANother Dimension", in which they create
>retcon mechas like your illustrations based on
>existing 1/144 HGUC models. One of them is called
>Griffin (G-Attacker), a space-assault MA by combining
>Guntank's torso w/ G-Armor's rear booster parts, plus
>add-on weapons like Rick Dom II's giant bazookas.
>Amazing. Hope this'll give you some inspirations for
>your section. :)

Yeah, I've been watching those. I even did a sketch months ago that
looked alot like that Griffen in dengeki hobby. I've been sitting on
these drawing for awhile. My designs aren't too fancy but I wanted
them to fill a gap in the gundam world. I'm always doing robot
designs but most aren't as Gundam MS. If I ever put up general mecha
website--that's where they'd belong. Currently I'm toying with a big
crazy fed MA. My inspirations are the guntank and the huge Victory
hovership. I'll get it right sometime. I just need to keep doodling.

>What If section: here are some crazy ideas I picked up
>from Studio DNA's Giren's Greed/Blood of Zeon 4-panel
>comic collection:
>
>Gyandam - mass prod Gyan with Gundam's V fin and beam
>sbare's backpack
>
>Gyantank - Guntank with regular weapons (cannons and
>rocket hands) but the torso and head is replaced by
>mass-prod Gyan.
>
>Big-saras - Apsaras III supported by a pair of
>oversized Zaku II legs.

I love the name!

>mass-prod Apsaras III - feature a Zaku I's head
>instead of Zaku II
>
>Perfect Zakuello - Zakuello with a pair of Zeong legs.
>
>I know they are crazy, but they may just work in a
>'what if' situation! heh heh :)

I saw a kitbash in the recent Hobby japan zaku contest that had a
Kapule with a Ball's body. I really liked it.

-James