Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:56:41 +0800

At 21:25 06/25/2000 -0400, core@gundam.com wrote:
>The reason I wrote this post is that I actually notice the monologue in
>written form in one of the books. And reading the kanji and interpolating
>the katakana, I think the Chinese translation was pretty ture: it was half
>the total population, no mention of the shares between Feds and Zeon.

        While I don't believe that the Federation did launch a nuclear
strike early in the OYW -- there were never any reference to such an event
-- I am forced to conclude that the possibility of such a strike is very
high. The defenses against a massed nuclear missile strikes is very
difficult to achieve, especially when all you need is a single nuke to kill
over a billion people..