Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 18:21:14 -0700

>I wonder why they're only showing up at KBs so far....

Probably because Toys R Us have an exclusive deal with Bandai on the
1/144 and 1/100 kits, so KB asked for their own exclusive product line
too. They haven't showed up at KB's website yet, so they might be test
marketing them for now.

>did you see any of the
>Deluxe assortment,

I didn't see any, but the package design is so bland, I didn't even see
the regular action figures when they were dangling on the shelf right in
front of me until a store employee pointed them out, so I might have
missed those if they were available.

 and also, were there any with gold parts(Seen them in
>some pics)?

Nope. At least not on the ones I have - Wing, Deathscythe, Heavyarms,
and Sandrock. These Wing AFs don't even have panel lines painted,
which might be a good thing after all, since the panel lines on some
MSiAs were just done plain ugly.

>Also, how do they compare to the 1/144 Wing kits?

The Wing doesn't seem to be transformable (boo!) but the scale looks
to be identical (1/144). The weapons don't seem to be scaled right
- the Wing's buster rifle is huge compared to the kit version. You
also don't get extra hands like with the kits or MSiA figures. It's
feels very down to the basics. A tiny pilot figure as a freebie
would have been cool... but obvious Bandai is saving that for the
repackaged 1/144 kits.

For scans, check them out at:

Wing Gundam
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=366942693