Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 14:47:04 -0700

>I've recentrly acquired Gundam 0079 Battle for the Earth in japanese.
>Actually I do not understand the commands/buttons required. Someone can
>help me?
>--
>Vincenzo

There are only so many buttons on the PlayStation controller, your bigger
problem is not knowing WHEN to press which buttons, because the game is a
Dragon's Lair style of "do the right thing at the right time or start over"
game.

The commands/buttons are:

Triangle Other Action(s)
Square Defend
Circle Decide/Weapon Selection
X Attack
Direction Pad Move in 1 of the 4 directions

The are some onscreen trainers during the early part of the game, where
the icons at the bottom of the screen will tell you which command to use,
with a color-coded bar to help you with timing (green = OK, yellow = act
fast, red = almost too late). Unfortunately these disappear before you
are halfway through the game and you're pretty much on your own by then.
This is one of these games that are no fun to play unless you have a
walkthru or cluebook.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0