-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 12:20:35 -0700

I'd expect that everything up to GEO would be considered part of Earth and that
everything up to the lunar equivalent of GEO (Selenosynchronous Lunar Orbit =
SLO?) would be part of the Moon. This would be the equivalent of the Twelve
Mile Limit and has the advantage of being defined by physical laws. For
political purposes, they might define it as DOUBLE the GEO/SLO, to give objects
in those orbits the same protection.

For Earth, that would be 36,000 to 72,000 km (22,500 to 45,000 miles).

For the Moon, it would be 11,000 to 22,000 km (6,800 to 13,600 miles)

-Z-