Freedom045@aol.com
Fri Jun 23 13:35:15 2000

In a message dated Fri, 23 Jun 2000 1:56:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Edward Ju <gundam@loop.com> writes:

<< I keep hearing about how "dated" the animation of the original Gundam was, but if you go back and rewatch the original TV series of Macross, I think their animation quality is comparable (you'll be surprised at how memory plays tricks with what you remembered about Robotech/Macross). In fact, Macross is much worse when it comes to distortion of character faces and color mismatching - at least during the early episodes.

Eddie >>

I'll agree on the animation of Macross, its very uneven, due to the fact that the animation was handled by three different groups. It seems as if every third episode there was a different team, notice the #1 team in episodes 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, its a pattern.

The original Gundam's animation is more consistent, but it's the design work that looks more "dated"

Tom