Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:20:39 -0700

> Basically, I think the original Gundam's story holds up very well after all
> these years. However, it's visual style falls far short of stuff being
> produced just over half a decade later.

It's also a matter of taste, alot of newbies think late 80s anime looks dated. I
wanna strangle the little twerps when they talk about the "Low animation
quality" of "Fight Iczer One." ugh.

Todays animators often take alot less chances, there seems to be alot less
innovation (in terms of FX and the lot) than in that 80s boom period. Sure you
see the occasional Escaflowne, or bebop, but in general anime is rather stagnant
right now.

---Brett Jensen