Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:09:33 -0400

Mark Simmons wrote:

> Neil Baumgardner writes,
>
> >Yep, page 128, small inset, right below another small inset of Gato's
> >Geelgog. Above the pic it clearly says MS-09F.
>
> Amazing! In fifteen years, I've never known the publisher of anime book
> to fix a typo. See page 45 of the Gundam Century reprint for an example;
> after 15+ years, it still lists the Acguy as having internal "30-ton"
> machine guns. :-)

Good example, but didnt they keep all those on purpose?

> I wonder what printing number your copy is? It'll say on the inside
> back cover, to the right of the publication date...

Uh, what would be page 240 right? It says:

1999/1/30 1 and to the right of that there's a sticker that reads 1999/3/30 2

Of course there's a bunch of Japanese inbetween all that. Is that what you're
looking for?

> >I also noticed something in the Gundam Century Renewal Version. On page 48,
> >in the left top corner of the box that has the White Base 'assembly,' it
> >shows another picture of the White Base next to that mystery ship from MSG.
> >Apparently this is a re-draw of a the scene this ship is shown in during the
> >series
> >(http://side7.gundam.com/newtype_asylum/machines/0079/feds/greenbas.jpg). It
> >has a description below the picture. Does it reveal anything about this
> >mystery 'Green Base?'
>
> Nah, it just says that it "appears to be an improved type of the
> Pegasus class."

Well, at least that's something. I wonder, should we try to shoehorn it as an
improved type of the Pegasus class _within_ the seven-ship class, or a totally
new class altogether? Of course this begs the question whether or not the
erstwhile seven-ship Pegasus class should be broken into three seperated classes
of ships anyway: The original Pegasus-class (Pegasus, White Base, and White Base
II), Thoroughbred- or later Pegasus-class (0080 type, Thoroughbred, Grey Phantom,
and Stallion), and Albion- or modified-Pegasus class (Albion).

    Neil