Tabby (
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:14:05 -0700

At 12:37 PM 6/22/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Hmm ... Star Trek has Trekkers, the X-Files has X-Philes, Transformers has
>TransFans, but what are Gundam fans called, collectively? I see a lot of
>mass media type places saying "Gundamaniacs" but I don't really care for
>that term.
>I know that specifically people on the GML could be called GMLer's
>(perhaps pronounced Jimlers? ;p)
>Anyone have any thoughts?

Well, I've heard "Wing-Nuts" for the obvious subculture, and Mekton/Jovian
players have been known to go by "Gearheads". "Newtypes" sounds a little
effete, and the ole' standby of "Gundamaniacs" does seem unwieldy. I'm
happy with Gearhead myself, makes me think of the model building as well.


Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Fri Jun 23 2000 - 04:18:45 JST