Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:00:47 MST

>Blackeagle wrote:
> > IIRC, there is some cost associated with transfering the video to
> > digital format. Making sure you don't get any weird analog to video
> > artifacts that kind of stuff. However, a U.S. DVD release probably
>
>Kind of OT... wonder if anyone knows how 20 yr old TV series are
>archieved? I assume the cel animation was photographed on film? Then the
>film was transferred (and mixed with voice/sound fx tape) to tape for
>broadcast?
>
>So how are the LDs and DVDs made? Did they go back to the film (for
>maximum video quality) and remaster the original voice/sound effect tapes?
>It would kind of suck if they just digitize the TV tape...

I don't really know the details, but in a more general sense, we're lucky
Bandai is doing this itself. That means they'll have access to all the
original source materials (whatever they've got). This might not be the
case it the series had been liscenced by some American company for
distribution her in the U.S.