edf91@att.net
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:51:58 +0000

> D'oh! Well, there is that. I think that's pretty
exceptional, though...
> :-)

Probably, but even then, it's not a "2-way"
communication - it's more like a walkie-talkie....

> Sure, but the Gengaozo and Zanneck _do_ require a
newtype pilot. See my
> earlier note re: Fara Griffon. Likewise, the new issue
of Dengeki Hobby has
> a preview of the "Zanspine" from G Generation F, a
Zanscare knockoff of the
> V2 Gundam; since its weapons are psycommu-based, it's
meant to be operated
> by Fara Griffon.

Maybe it's just me, but I just don't think it's that
useful or powerful....

> There are actually a couple of other mobile suits in
V Gundam with remote
> weapons - the beam shot claws of the Contio and Rig
Contio (the latter's
> claw is wireless, which may be a hint regarding
Chronocle's status at the
> end of the series), and the barrier bits that form the
V2 Assault Gundam's
> mega beam shield. No old-school funnel blizzards,

I believe people are convinced that Chronicle is a
Newtype, but probably a very weak one - even weaker than
Usso, which is already pretty weak.

though; then again, as you
> note, these weren't historically very effective.

But with the absence of NT in the V era, it should be a
piece of cake trying to destroy tons of MS with just a
few funnels ^_^

> On the other hand, since true natural newtypes
remained extremely scarce
> and artificial ones remained extremely unstable,
mobile suit developers may
> have simply decided it was a waste of effort designing
weapons around these
> unreliable human elements. Especially since regular
technology allowed them
> to reproduce most of the major benefits of psycommu
weaponry...

I just think since there are so few of them and people
still are afraid of them, it's easier just to "ignore"
them then it is to "test" them, I guess...

--
-Edmund Chiu
edf91@worldnet.att.net