Michael Wong x4241 (Michael.Wong@nsc.com)
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:06:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Jeff:

> Snippage
> > I'd love to buy them if the prices are reasonable. I've seen them in
> > comic book/anime cons and they are insanely expensive. (Each little
> > microman cost like $15!!), I'd rather
> > spend my money on Gundam kits or save them to buy an exotic sports car.
> >
> They are kind of expensive when you compare them to most Gundam kits (except
> the PGs and MGs).
> $15.00 is typical for a new one or the new reproductions that Takara is
> making. If you find a true vintage Microman, plan on paying much more
> (dependant on the type and condition of course.)

That's the thing, $15.00 for such a small Micro-Man figure doesn't make sense
for me. I can buy a perfectly fine MG Zaku or Gundam or GM for that price in
Hong Kong and maybe still get some change. The PG Zaku is only around $60 and
the MG Dom is only $26! I myself would rather get those kits than overpriced
Micro-Man figures.

> I have seen the market for vintage Microman explode and prices sky-rocket
> since I have been collecting, as has been the trend with most Japanese
> stuff, so a Gundam kit seems pretty cheap to me.

Yeah, I've read that vintage Microman wasn't that expensive 3 or 4 years ago
I was checking the prices for old transformers and the vintage Transformers
used to be much more expensive. I am used to the prices for Gundam kits in
Hong Kong, which is even cheaper!

> BTW.... what kind of exotic sports cars do you like? I'm a sports car nut
> too. :-)

My dream car is a Lambourghini Diablo VT (94-99), don't like the headlights of
the 2000 version. I figured a used Diablo about 4 or 5 years from now would
cost around $90,000 to $100.000 by then, which will be something I can probably
afford. I've made a promise to myself that I'm gonna get a V-12 car that can
go above 200 mph since I was a kid.

I also really like the Ferrari F-355 Spider (ugly ass though), Ferrari
Testarossa (classic), Ferrari 348 (nicer ass, not as pretty front as 355),
Ferrari F40 (the bomb!), Lamborghini Countach (coolest looking car ever!),
Mercedes CLK-GTR. But don't really like the McLaren for some reason.

So, what exotic sports cars do you like? My dad totalled my previous
semi-sports car and I am stuck with a sedan at the moment. I am too poor to
upgrade back to a sports car at the moment.

> Jeff C

Michael