Edmund Chiu (edf91@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:01:18 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Simmons" <scorpio@best.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: [gundam] Bio-Sensor

> Well, at that point it's the only way to fit a psycommu system into a
> normal-sized mobile suit. The Titans' newtype labs never managed - or
> never tried - to scale down the system so it could fit into anything
> smaller than a Bound Doc. The only normal-sized mobile suit in that
> series with a true psycommu system is the Qubeley, the technology of
> which Scirocco probably didn't have ready access to. :-)

    Probably it's because it was never in Titans' intention to use Newtypes
or artificial Newtypes "extensively", so they are just probably "testing the
water" with various MA and stuff. Besides, I believe Quebeley was in the
design stage for a long time (it was still in development when Char was in
Axis), and it was just finished near the end of Zeta (the first time Haman
appears, Quebeley didn't make an appearance yet. It was the second time
Haman met with AEUG that Haman showed up with the Quebeley.

> No, Anaheim did indeed buy out Zeonic, creator of the Zaku (as well as
> the Federation-aligned manufacturer Hervic).

    Oops....

> Not as far as I know. Zeon's newtype research was picked up by the
> Federal Forces, specifically the Titans.

    I don't think Titans "absorbed" the NT research group - more like those
group were absorbed into labs that were "close" to Titans....

> The Type 100 is based on _rumors_ of the Titans' movable frame
> technology, but only the Z Gundam is based on actual _examination_ of the
> Gundam Mark II. Char picks up the Type 100 as soon as the Agama reaches
> the moon - there's no time for Anaheim's engineers to check out the
> captured Mark II beforehand.

    Really? I was just curious why Char finally get his hand on a better MS
when they just got their hands on the Gundam Mk-IIs....

> The same is true for any psycommu system. The distinction between
> biosensor and psycommu is unclear, and any theories on this subject are
> strictly fan speculation.

    Agreed. I still wonder when any official source would confirm the use of
Bio sensors....

> Nope, The O does have a psycommu system. No idea how Scirocco got hold
> of the tehnology, though.

    I wonder what does that thing do - doesn't seem like it's doing
anything....

> I don't think there's any evidence for this - it was never mentioned in
> dialogue either before or after Camille's mental fish-fry. But the fancy
> stuff they do with the ZZ surely requires that it have a similar system,
> if not a genuine psycommu system.

    I was just wondering why Judo cannot seems to "trigger" that bio-sensor,
and that with Puru, who was on Zeta a few times, should be able to "sense"
that bio-sensor, since she has been using psycommu for a while. Besides,
that whole gang, like Roux and Elle, are all Newtypes and they never seems
to be able to use that bio-sensor....

> Incoms are designed for use by non-newtype pilots. Thus, they're
> usually installed in mobile suits with quasi-psycommu systems (also
> designed for normal pilots) like the Gundam Mk. IV, Mk. V, Superior
> Gundam, and Doven Wolf.

    That's what I meant - there seems to be no use for a bio-sensor like
device in those MS....