Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:25:20 -0700

Rodrick Su writes,

>I think there are only 3 or 4 mobile suits with this kind of Psycommu
>System, Zeta, ZZ, The O and possibly one of the Sentinel Gundams. Now, I
>can understand perfectly why Anaheim Electronics licensed this technology to
>the Titans (Good paying customer), but why would Paptimus Scirocco buy it?

  Well, at that point it's the only way to fit a psycommu system into a
normal-sized mobile suit. The Titans' newtype labs never managed - or
never tried - to scale down the system so it could fit into anything
smaller than a Bound Doc. The only normal-sized mobile suit in that
series with a true psycommu system is the Qubeley, the technology of
which Scirocco probably didn't have ready access to. :-)

Edmund Chiu writes,

>I don't think they buy out a lot of the "companies" -
>they simply hire many of the old Zeon's lab people,

  No, Anaheim did indeed buy out Zeonic, creator of the Zaku (as well as
the Federation-aligned manufacturer Hervic).

>including those that has worked with Newtypes.

  Not as far as I know. Zeon's newtype research was picked up by the
Federal Forces, specifically the Titans.

>Type 100 is basically their first attempt on movable
>frame based on the data from the captured Gundam Mk-IIs,

  The Type 100 is based on _rumors_ of the Titans' movable frame
technology, but only the Z Gundam is based on actual _examination_ of the
Gundam Mark II. Char picks up the Type 100 as soon as the Agama reaches
the moon - there's no time for Anaheim's engineers to check out the
captured Mark II beforehand.

>I thought the bio-sensor "translate" the pilot's
>brainwaves onto the computer so the MS can perform
>better

  The same is true for any psycommu system. The distinction between
biosensor and psycommu is unclear, and any theories on this subject are
strictly fan speculation.

>I don't think The O was ever equipped with it - I
>believe it was called a NT MS simply because it was
>designed for a NT pilot.

  Nope, The O does have a psycommu system. No idea how Scirocco got hold
of the tehnology, though.

>As for Zeta, I think the bio-
>sensor was removed from it after Camille's accident.

  I don't think there's any evidence for this - it was never mentioned in
dialogue either before or after Camille's mental fish-fry. But the fancy
stuff they do with the ZZ surely requires that it have a similar system,
if not a genuine psycommu system.

>for its appearance in Gundam Sentinals, I don't think
>so - Incom systems don't really need something like bio-
>sensors simply because I don't think a pilot can handle
>using bio-sensors and the incom system at the same time

  Incoms are designed for use by non-newtype pilots. Thus, they're
usually installed in mobile suits with quasi-psycommu systems (also
designed for normal pilots) like the Gundam Mk. IV, Mk. V, Superior
Gundam, and Doven Wolf.

-- Mark