Chris Beilby (cbeilby@hotmail.com)
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:53:26 GMT

>From: Brett Jensen <heero@earthlink.net>
>To: gundam@aeug.org
>Subject: Re: [gundam] OT: Nadesco Movie
>Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 02:50:40 -0700
>

>Blackeagle wrote:
>
> > There's very little stuff that I've seen both dubbed and subbed, I can't
> > really compare very many. However, juding purely by the dub, I'd say
>the
> > dubs of Evangelion, Macross Plus and Princess Mononoke are pretty good.
>
>IMO the mac + dub is mediocre, and gets major points against since manga
>tampered with the music.
>I noticed on my DVD that bandai also altered some of the BGM and sound
>effects
>in the 0083 dub. (Booo hiss) Some sound effects were also altered in the
>0080
>dub. (Grrrrr)
>
>The evangelion dub just blows (what little I've seen of it) but it might
>get
>better as the series goes along.
>
>I haven't seen mononoke in english. I fell asleep during the fansub, so i
>haven't had any desire to see it again.
>
>---Brett Jensen
LISTEN PEOPLE! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE SUB VS. DUB DEBATE. WE'VE GONE
OVER THIS TOPIC TOO MANY TIMES, AND I DONB'T WANT TO HEAR IT AGAIN. THERE
IOS NO EASY RESOLUTION TO IT, SO WHY NOT JUST LET IT DIE. MANY OF YOU HATE
DUBS. THAT'S FINE. BUT WHY IN THE HECK DO THE REST OF US HAVE TO LISTEN TO
YOU RANT AND RAVE ABOUT IT CONSTANTLY. TAKE IT OFF THE FLIPPING LIST IF YOU
MUST TALK ABOUT IT!