Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:31:49 +1000

At 01:39 AM 6/17/00 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 6/16/00 10:23:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>henwee@yahoo.com writes:
>
>> <why
>> can't they just read the damned english subtitles...>
>>
>Because 99% of the populace suffer from retardation unfortunately.

I remember a comment made on the dubbing of Roberto Benini's "Life is
Beautiful" for American release after it had won two Oscars:

"Most Americans dislike subtitles. If they wanted to read, they would have
gotten an education."

Andrew Dynon

"When will those bloody adolescents learn to leave my Mobile Suits alone?"
- Bright Noah, from Kathleen Moffre's fanfic "Russian Roulette"

"Keep 'em guessing. Never tell anyone the truth. Try to confuse them."
- Stefan Elliot on dealing with Hollywood executives.

"Stories have to be told to exist. They exist in the telling and retelling."
- Itzhak Roeh