Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 01:07:19 +0800

At 01:30 06/18/2000 -0700, Edward Ju wrote:
>I think his dissastisfaction came from the fact that a lot of compromises
>were made for the theatrical release.

        Probably so. CCA didn't exactly made a lot of sense, since it relied
heavily on the OYW, Z and ZZ series. But some parts were very bad due to the
length (or lack of it).

>The novel (Beltochika's Children) he wrote might have been closer to the
>version he wanted to make. In the novel, Amuro was sleeping with Beltochika
>and the character Chien did not exist. By the end of the story, Beltochika
was
>pregnant with Amuro's child (kinda opens a whole new can of worms instead of
>the clean cutoff CCA offered, neh?)

        Definitely. Amuro's children should be New Types too, right? (well,
we don't know whether New Type abilities are genetically passed on..) If
Tomino had been allowed to carry on, perhaps we won't have needed Turn A now..