Sedusa66@aol.com
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 12:29:35 EDT

In a message dated 6/18/00 9:04:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Diglettdig@aol.com writes:

> I heard some sound clips of the Eva dub...i hated it so much...especially
the

> clip of Asuka that i heard...::shiver::...

yeah asuka really lost her bitch-from-hell persona in the dub and was just
like whiny-brat :( ... I liked her as a bitch from hell dammit! (Especially
compared to rei who's the personality-less wonder for the first half of the
series) the worst tho was kaoru... ok, his character was supposed to be
gay... but the english voice actor was just
barbara-streisand-listening-flaming. "Come, adam's dark shadow, servant of
the lillam.." I held my face in shame for the series.... I thought the dub
was pretty bad for eva (Tho not _horrible_ like, say, macross 2 or violence
jack [but I thought that whole series was horrible too so.....]) the only
reason why I suffered thru the dub of eva was because my roommates and I were
so cracked out on the series that we HAD to see what happened and all of the
video stores in orange county were missing subbed versions of some of the
tapes....