core@gundam.com
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 13:29:15 -0400 (EDT)

Chris Maier wrote:
> 1)Is Tem Ray dead? He kinda took a nasty spill there.

Oh? The movie skipped that part? I forgot... In the TV, when White Base
took an emergency pitstop at Side 6 (?), the non-repair related crew took
a R&R in downtown. Amuro spotted his father and chased him down to a
junkyard, and found that Tem has suffered from severe brain asphyxiation
and amnesia. In this state, Tem has no more sense for the rest of the
world, was unmoved when Amuro told him of his mother, all Tem can talk
about is the technobabble about "upgrades" to the Gundam. But the so
called "upgrade" parts were no more than junk circuits Tem picked from the
junkyard. Having left his mother somewhat estranged and discovering his
father brain-damaged. Amuro has now lost his entire family. After this
episode, Amuro became a lot tougher and more focused, but it also
contributed (along with the death of other people he loves) to his desire
to "retire" at the end of OYW and later his relutance to increase his
involvment in Zeta.

I am surprised it got cut in movie III, it's a subtle but important part
of Amuro's life.

> 2)What happened to Ma Kube?

Others have answered.

> 3)What was the signifigance of that big spectre behind Dozul and The
> Byg Zam? Kinda confused me. I assume it might have been to point out

Consider that either Dozul's spirit or his rage. Japanese mythology holds
that a person's (especially a jealous woman) hate and rage can condense
into a evil spirit, I think the spectre was something related. And yes,
Amuro's Newtype senses are at work here.

On a related note, I am only beginning to realize how ghosts and spirits
are very much a part of Gundam Universe. ghosts are intimately connected
to Newtypes and they can sometimes effect changes in the physical world.
For a realistic mecha show, Gundam is not entirely secular.

Name: Core
Patient ID: #1
Condition: Critical