Chris Beilby (cbeilby@hotmail.com)
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 13:21:22 GMT

>Is'nt the Ralph Baski stuff done partially by the Japanese? I've heard some
>of their other stuff(Thundercats, Silverhawks, D &D)had some of the
>animation work done in Japan.

Chris, I think that you're confusing Bakshi's Lord of the Rings with
Rankin-Bass' versions of the Hobbit and Return of the King. Bakshi had
nothing to do with these, or other RB productions like Thundercats or
Silverhawks. As for D&D (Standing for Drek and Drek in my opinion, and I'm
a long time AD&D player), it was produced by Marvel Animation.

However, it is true that Rankin-Bass had a large number of Japanese
animation professionals on their staff, while Marvel's stuff was
subcontracted to Japan.