Alfred Urrutia (ledzep@d2.com)
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:47:51 -0700

Brett Jensen wrote:

> Alfred Urrutia wrote:
>
> I've been into GW for 5 years, since it was on japanese TV. I just wanted to be clear
> that I wasn't introduced to Wing by cartoon network

Point taken. It just sounded funny, "old" Wing fan, like it's been around forever.

> > You've got to be kidding. It doesn't matter what you call Gundam Wing, the way the
> > dialogue is delivered and written is nothing like Gundam 0080 or Gundam 0083.
>
> Is that the definition of a gundam show? I think not.

You misunderstand (or I wrote that badly). I meant that those two shows had more of a
believable and mature dialogue style and delivery, the opposite of Wing. No, they don't
define a Gundam show. They do define a realistic style of delivering lines that can be
easily found in TV shows and movies. That radio serial type of lines that the Wing
characters spit out don't really have a comparable twin in non-animated shows.

> A lot of people don't like 0083 because it's shallow compared to the previous Gundam
> incarnations. MSG and Zeta are alot more talky and philisophical than either of those
> OAVs. (OK mabey not 0080 which is the best Tomino anime that Tomino never made.) do you
> hate them too?

But how would you rate how the lines are delivered and what is said? Again, I'm talking
about lines that tell the viewer the obvious even though it's not necessary.

Alfred.