Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
16 Jun 2000 14:46:15 -0000

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 07:38:02 -0700 lemon <lemontea@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Roland Thigpen wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:23:23 -0400 Chris Maier <oom9@crosswinds.net> wrote:
>> >I'm not too sure about that, but I do know that there was the occasional nod
>> >to Uresei Yatsura in Star Trek:The Next Generation.
>>
>> And the Dirty Pair (one planet's continents were Kei and Yuri's heads in profile), and Gundam (a CGI rock table had images of Gundam used to
>add texture). I al
>>
>> Roland
>>

>There was also an ep. where Riker fights his father (early in the
>series) - the markings on the floor of the arena were "kei" and "yuri"
>in Katakana.

I gotta learn Japanese....

> Also, there was a small robot called an "exocomp" in one
>ep. tha looke like a more blocky/squarish Lammo (sp? - you know, their
>small robot companion).

Hmm, missed that one.

>And in DS9, Quark's mom was named "Mugi", just
>likt the Dirty Pair's giant furry pet (or whatever that thing is).

I can't believe I missed that reference. I love Mugi (the Dirty Pair's one, not Quark's mother).

And Mugi (the original one), as I understand it, was a genetically engineered creature, given high intelligence and assigned to their team.

And of course Dirty Pair Flash had a different Mugi, which looked to be some sort of cat.

> Trevor in California
>
>BTW, what was the Urusei Yatsura bit in ST, either I missed it, or I
>just forgot.

I knew at one time, but have forgotten.

Roland