Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
16 Jun 2000 14:40:22 -0000

Something similar happened in the world of novels. After Isaac Asimov's death, his wife authorized three other authors to write a trilogy based on his Foundation series. Although they were alright, they, IMHO, did not match up with Asimov's original work. They introduced plot inconsisitencesm and then had to work hard in the final novel to return to Asimov's original setting. I'd fear something like that happening, even with side stories. Perhaps it would be better to continue on and further the timeline rather than doing side stories. At least that way, no plot problems occur.

Roland