lemon (lemontea@earthlink.net)
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 07:38:02 -0700

Roland Thigpen wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:23:23 -0400 Chris Maier <oom9@crosswinds.net> wrote:
> >I'm not too sure about that, but I do know that there was the occasional nod
> >to Uresei Yatsura in Star Trek:The Next Generation.
>
> And the Dirty Pair (one planet's continents were Kei and Yuri's heads in profile), and Gundam (a CGI rock table had images of Gundam used to
add texture). I al

> Roland

There was also an ep. where Riker fights his father (early in the
series) - the markings on the floor of the arena were "kei" and "yuri"
in Katakana. Also, there was a small robot called an "exocomp" in one
ep. tha looke like a more blocky/squarish Lammo (sp? - you know, their
small robot companion). And in DS9, Quark's mom was named "Mugi", just
likt the Dirty Pair's giant furry pet (or whatever that thing is).

        Trevor in California

BTW, what was the Urusei Yatsura bit in ST, either I missed it, or I
just forgot.