Jeff Caraway (jeff.caraway@mindspring.com)
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:30:41 -0400

Hi Michael,

> Microman used to be the coolest toys ever in the way you can combine kits
and
> vehicles parts to make completely new things. I had the good guy robot, a
> black tank like thing, the huge white plane that seats 4 (wings are guns
that
> shoot the mini-plungers), and the blue white space station thingy with the
UFO
> flying saucer on top and the blue plane thing on the bottom.

Yes... they are very cool, and it's the interchangeability that makes them
so attractive to most people. That's one of the major reasons I like them so
much.
It sounds like you had some really good ones when you were a kid. I have all
the pieces you mentioned in my collection.
(Only most are Micronaut equivalents)

> Most of them are
> thrown away in my move to the U.S. unfortunately, and now I only have
parts of
> each of these kits left in my meager collection. I still have most of my
> Transformers though. It was funny, the only reason I got into
Transformers was
> because they share Microman toys like the Megatron and the boom box thing
(Sound
> Wave?). The Cassete tapes that transfore into vehicles were cool.

I managed to hang onto my figures, but my Battle Cruiser (big white 4 seater
ship you mentioned ealier) got thrown away.
I got into Transformers too, but it was much later that I learned about
their link to Microman toys. That help explain my fascination with
Transformers.

> The thing I didn't like about Microman is that the thumbs are so easily
torn
> apart and the limbs (elbows and knees in particular) break too easily.

I HEAR you! I just broke a thumb on one the other day. Add years of play
wear to a Micro-hand, and they really become fragile.

> The original Microman mangas (not the insipid Marvel Micronaut comics...)
also
> were great, I've been trying to get them but couldn't find any
used/reprints of
> these classics.

I never saw the Microman Mangas. I grew up in the states, so Micronauts came
first. It's only as an adult collector that I have discovered Microman. I
have heard about the Mangas and would be very interested in seeing them.

Jeff C