Peter Savin (bawoo@shiporama.org)
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:32:52 -0700

Actually, I think the First Grade models have no polycaps, and do require
glue. They're basically just like the old kits, with slightly better
engineering and MUCH better proportions.

Peter Savin
bawoo@shiporama.org

----- Original Message -----
From: "-V-" <vsze@wwdg.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 5:42 PM
Subject: Re: [gundam] "First Grade" series

Yeah, First Grades are great to practice with. They are ALMOST exactly the
same as the old 1980 kits but they have polycaps now. And it's snap on
instead of glue-together. The proportions have also been "upgraded" but the
movement degrees are really low. Tons of modifications can be used. The
good thing, the price!! They are dirt cheap (cheaper than a weekly Jump
comic book!!!). So grab a couple and start playing around. As for
modifications, it may sound expensive, but seriously, DO NOT LEARN HOW TO
MODIFY ON A 1/144 KIT. Usually 1/100 is a decent size to start off. But if
you want to practice, start off with a 1/60 or 1/72 kit since it's larger.
Start with taOOya plastic sheets and knives etc... before you start vacuum
forming <-- very expensive too.

-V-