BlazeEagle@aol.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 19:00:06 EDT

In a message dated 6/15/00 5:52:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, scorpio@best.com
writes:

<< Once again, I'd suggest Gaogaigar as a perfect example of this blend. It's
 a super robot show in style and theme, with all the hardcore technological
 aesthetic and high-octane drama of a real robot show. I guess the converse
 would be a super-camp take on the real robot genre, but who'd want to see
 that? >>

  Yes, its a great show and I recommend it to any mecha head. Its super
robotish without getting cheesy and silly. GGG the robot itself, is super
powerful, but does get "hurt," but like any good vs. evil story, the hero
always wins, even if it takes a multiple part episode. The animation is
excellent as well. The fights are good too. I love the transformation
squence, it shows parts form together externally as well as internally.

Aaron