Tabby (tabby@psn.net)
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:24:49 -0700

>Microman used to be the coolest toys ever in the way you can combine kits and
>vehicles parts to make completely new things. I had the good guy robot, a
>black tank like thing, the huge white plane that seats 4 (wings are guns that
>shoot the mini-plungers), and the blue white space station thingy with the
UFO
>flying saucer on top and the blue plane thing on the bottom. Most of them
are
>thrown away in my move to the U.S. unfortunately, and now I only have
parts of
>each of these kits left in my meager collection.

We've actually got the blue space station the plane/battleship in our
store, but it drives me crazy that none of our customers know what the hell
they are!

>The original Microman mangas (not the insipid Marvel Micronaut comics...)
also
>were great, I've been trying to get them but couldn't find any
used/reprints of
>these classics.

Insipid? INSIPID! Okay, maybe a little.

You really have to give the writer Bill Mantlo some credit though, he was
laboring under the same misconception everyone else had that the only way
to make Micronauts and "Shogun Warriors" appealing to Americans was to come
up with it from scratch and work from what Americans already knew(that's
why Shogun Warriors read more like a series of Godzilla plots, American's
were just naive when it came to the original super robots). The biggest
problem with the Marvel Micronauts is that is was too popular for Marvel to
cancel, so they had to defeat the Jeeg-Vader wannabe Karza
over&over&over&over&over&over again.

tby